Thursday, April 8, 2010

Posts

I think I've just found the number one way to make me cry. I read a few of my friend's posts and then followed link after link after link and came to some very horrible blogs. Not horrible as in how they are written, but horrible as in what they are about. One regarding a woman who has just realized her boyfriend is messing around with her mother. One about a woman recalling an incident where her father went to jail after shooting at her. One about a woman finding out her husband is cheating on her. One about a facebook invitation from her father where he wants to be friends then blocks her then befriends her again. The last is about a woman who is dealing with her husband's emotional infidelity. This last one was terrible. It really made me cry. This woman wrote like she was actually speaking to her husband. She tried to explain how all of it makes her feel, how he's neglecting her and their children, how he's only happy when he talks to her.... I barely managed to make it through the whole blog because I didn't want to imagine what any of that would feel like. At the end this woman just kept telling herself that she mattered, she mattered. She mattered even if only in her mind. The desperate plea and outcry at the end was the worst. I know that I myself have gone through some hardships and pain. I've dealt with feelings that people should never have to deal with. I've had self esteem issues, I still do. I still have issues with 'Do I matter? Does anyone even care?' But what this woman was going through, I would never wish on anyone. Like I said, I don't even want to imagine what she must be going through. Dear writer, you have my prayers and I hope that you and your family can make it through.

No comments:

Post a Comment